Tuesday, March 25, 2008

13/365

Today I indulged in another of my favorite activities: turning in my coins for cold hard cash! When I find myself low on funds and enough coinage has accumulated, I make the trip to Rockland Federal Credit Union to make a little dough. It's a favorite past time of mine on a sunny day, along with vacuuming my car at a car wash and going to Castle Island for hotdogs and fries. You might think, well why would one travel all the way to Hanover to cash in coins when every Stop and Shop on the way comes equipped with a CoinStar machine? The answer is simple: it's free! Today's free coin exchange yielded me $82. Imagine that! And what did I do with said cash? I bargain shopped and found two new bags that were under $20 and some stud earrings that I've been meaning to get. I even got my necklace cleaned and inspected! It was a good day.

No comments: