Wednesday, June 24, 2009

91/365

To follow up yesterday's post, I am now boat-ready with my very own life jacket! Safety first people. I'd like to take a minute to talk about something socially relevant, though grossly over-analyzed: Jon and Kate Plus 8. I have no sympathy left for either of them, as they brought this mess onto themselves by insisting that they have a reality show. I just feel terrible for the kids who will have to deal with so much shit when they grow up, as if they don't already deal with enough now. It's all for the ratings and as TLC so blatantly showed tonight (when they decided to re-air the record breaking episode from last night), they really don't care about exploiting a tough family situation for the entertainment of millions of viewers. Then again, I'll admit that I was watching yesterday and adding to the ratings. What an ironic bundle of contradictions I am!

No comments: